- Vegetarian Burgers with Cheese
Vegetarian Burgers with Cheese3.0909090909091 out of 5, 1 based on 44 ratings
Vegetarian Burgers with Cheese
Looking for indulgent recipe inspiration for dinner tonight? This Quorn Mince Burger with cheese makes a tasty treat - add fresh rosemary and onions for extra flavour.
1033 KJPer serving
DifficultyA Little Effort
- 175g frozen Quorn Mince, defrosted
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 2 slices wholemeal bread, made into crumbs
- 40g reduced fat cheddar cheese, grated
- 75g low fat cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon marmite, dissolved in 1 tablespoon boiling water
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 medium egg, beaten
- Canola oil, extra
Heat oil in a frying pan over medium heat, add the onion and rosemary and cook gently for 5 minutes or until the onion is softened, but not browned.
In a large mixing bowl, place defrosted Quorn Mince, breadcrumbs, grated cheese, cream cheese, cooked onion and rosemary. Mix well to distribute cream cheese throughout the mixture.
Add the marmite, parsley, beaten egg and season with salt and pepper. Mix well to combine.
Shape mixture into burgers (makes approximately 8 burgers). TIP: Use a one third measuring cup to form burgers – easy to measure and even sized.