Quorn Pieces Festive Roll
This meat free festive favourite will impress your family and friends every time. The dry cider, mushrooms and chestnuts make it a winter classic that is big on flavour.
A Little Effort
34 g of fat
- 200g Quorn Pieces
- 1 tbsp vegetable Oil
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 125g mushrooms, cleaned and diced
- 100g chestnuts, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh sage, finely chopped
- 440ml dry cider
- 100ml single cream
- 2 tsp cornflour dissolved in 2 tbsp cold water
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 400g ready to roll puff pastry
- 1 egg, beaten to glaze the pastry
- Heat the oil in a pan and gently fry the onion until soft. Add the mushrooms and garlic and continue to cook for a further 2-3 minutes.
- Add the sage and cider and bring to the boil then simmer for 5-10 minutes until the liquid is reduced by half the quantity. Stir in the Quorn pieces, chestnuts and cream. Add the corn flour stirring until the sauce has thickened. Remove from the heat, cool and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/Gas Mark 6.
Roll out the pastry to a thickness of approximately half a centimetre into a rectangular shape and spoon the Quorn Pieces mixture into the centre. Fold the pastry over the mix to form a tube and tuck the pastry edge firmly underneath then fold in the ends to seal the tube. Brush generously with beaten egg then place on a greased baking tray and bake in the centre of the oven for 30-35 minutes until golden brown.
Serve with a selection of seasonal vegetables.
Recipe InspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.