Lemon and Chilli Linguine with Quorn Meat Free Pieces
Succulent, zesty Italian-inspired lemon and chilli linguine. Quorn Pieces fried to golden perfection in lemon juice and olive oil, and then lifted up to another level with garlic and chilli. Pulled together with cream and lemon zest and a flourish of basil, it’s quick to make, delicious to eat, and just what you need.
- 300g packet frozen Quorn Pieces
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 225g dried linguine or spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lemon zest and juice
- 1 large garlic clove finely chopped
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped (reserve some for garnish)
- Freshly grounded black pepper
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil finely shredded
- 150ml whipping cream (optional)
- In a large saucepan of boiling water, dissolve the stock cube and cook the linguine as per the pack instructions
- Meanwhile heat 1tbsp of oil in a frying pan, add the Quorn Meat Free Chicken Pieces, pour over the lemon juice and fry for 5-6 minutes stirring frequently
- Add the garlic, red chilli and fry for a further 3 minutes stirring frequently
- Drain the linguine, stir through the remaining 1tbsp of olive oil and add to the pan with the Quorn Meat Free Chicken Pieces. Add the lemon zest, cream (optional) and season well with black pepper.
- Stir through the basil and serve with freshly sliced chilli and a sprig of basil
Recipe inspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
It was delicious. My grandchildren also enjoyed it.
Really great recipe. Made it a few times.
Not a vegetarian but now having meat free days. Substituted fresh basil for dried, fresh basil would of added more flavour. Wonderful dish though
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.Leave a review