Katsu Curry with Quorn Pieces
Heavenly flavours from the East, with fresh carrots, onions and garlic, coconut milk, herbs and spices, combined with tasty Quorn Pieces. Served with a garnish of lime zest, lime juice and coriander, with sticky rice and Japanese pickles for perfect harmony on a plate. An exquisite meal idea.
A Little Effort
- 300g Quorn Pieces
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 5 whole garlic cloves, peeled
- ½ tsp ginger, finely chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1½ tbsp medium curry powder
- ½ tsp garam masala
- 1 tbsp reduced salt soy sauce
- 200mls vegetable stock
- 400mls coconut milk
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tbsp oil
- ½ tsp of zest & juice of lime
- 2 tbsp coriander, chopped
- Heat the coconut oil in a pan, add the onion, garlic, ginger and sauté for 2 minutes. Stir in the carrots and sweat slowly for 15 minutes with the lid on, stirring occasionally, until softened and starting to caramelise.
- Stir in the curry powder and garam masala and cook for 1 minute. Pour in the soy sauce, vegetable stock, coconut milk, honey and bay leaf. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove the bay leaf and blend the sauce until you achieve a smooth consistency, then return to a low heat.
- Pre-heat 1 tbsp of oil over a medium heat and cook the Quorn Pieces for 8 minutes.
- Add the cooked Quorn Pieces to the sauce along with the lime zest, juice and coriander, then season to taste with salt & freshly ground black pepper. Serve with sticky Thai rice and Japanese pickles and salad.
Recipe inspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.Leave a review