Quorn Pieces Laksa
What's better than a spicy noodle soup on a cold and rainy day? A meat free one! Try our take on Laksa - a traditional South-East Asian spicy noodle soup, made using Quorn Pieces. Vary the spice levels depending on what suits you and the family!
A Little Effort
4.7 g of fat
- 280g of Quorn Vegan Pieces
- Steamed green veggies: broccoli, bok choi, spinach
- 200g flat rice noodles, cooked
- 200g fresh bean sprouts, cleaned and blanched
- Fresh coriander, chopped
- 2 tbsp neutral tasting oil
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp ground coriander or 2 tsp coriander seeds
- ½ tsp ground cumin or 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp sweet ground paprika
- 1.2 l gluten free veggie stock
- 1¼ tsp fine salt, to taste
- 400 ml full fat coconut milk
- Juice of ½ lime, adjust to taste
- 1½ tsp sugar,adjust to taste
- Laksa paste:
- 3 medium shallots, sliced roughly
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 lemongrass stalks, white part chopped (but keep the rest)
- 40g ginger sliced roughly
- 4 fresh red chillies
- 1 tbsp ground (approx. 1 sheet) nori
- Combine all the paste ingredients in a blender and blitz until finely shredded.
- Heat oil in a large pan over a medium heat. Fry off laksa paste for 10 minutes, stirring the whole time.
- Add dry spices and continue to fry the mixture off gently for 5 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Add stock, salt, lemongrass leftovers apart from the very outer leaves and simmer for 18 minutes.
- Fish out the lemongrass and add the Quorn Pieces
- Add coconut milk and season to taste with salt, lime juice and a touch of sugar. Simmer for a further 10 minutes.
- Divide the greens, noodles between four bowls. Top with blanched sprouts and fresh coriander.
If you can't find flat rice noodles, sub for udon, vermicelli or glass noodles!
Recipe inspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.Leave a review