Quorn Pumpkin Peppers
These Halloween stuffed peppers with Quorn Cocktail Sausages are great fun for the kids to make – they can even lend a helping hand when cutting out the faces on the peppers. Alternate the rice filling for couscous or brown rice and use different coloured peppers to switch things up!
4.6 g of fat
- 100g Quorn Pieces, defrosted
- 50g wild rice
- 50g courgette, grated
- 50g carrot, grated
- 1 tbsp. toasted pumpkin seeds
- 1 tbsp coriander, chopped
- ½ tsp. smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- Salt and pepper
- Cook the wild rice as per pack instructions. Drain and set to one side.
- Using a small serrated knife slice the tops off each pepper keeping the green stems on and de-seed. Use the knife to create two triangle shaped eyes, a nose and a spooky mouth on each pepper.
- Bring a large pan of water to the boil. Blanch the peppers and lids in the boiling water for 5 minutes. Place the peppers onto a baking tray.
- To make the filling, place the cooked wild rice, Quorn Pieces, courgette, carrot, pumpkin seeds, coriander, smoked paprika and lemon juice into a bowl and mix well. Season to taste.
- Spoon the filling into the blanched peppers and top with a pepper lid.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C (fan)/ 200C/400F/gas mark 6.
- Cook in a pre-heated oven for 20 minutes.
Recipe inspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.Leave a review