Warm & Spicy Couscous Salad with Quorn Vegetarian Pieces2.9189189189189 out of 5, 1 based on 37 ratings
Warm & Spicy Couscous Salad with Quorn Vegetarian Pieces
Quorn Pieces in a sweet and spicy sauce served on a bed of fluffy couscous mixed with roasted butternut squash, peppers & plum tomatoes. Topped with toasted pine nuts, spring onions & coriander.
1268 KJPer serving
- 150g Quorn Pieces
- ½ tbsp vegetable oil
- ¼ tsp hot chilli powder
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 40ml pineapple juice
- 1 tsp mango chutney
- ¼ butternut squash, diced 3cm x 3cm
- ½ Red or yellow capsicum, de-seeded and sliced
- 80g cherry tomatoes
- ½ tsp olive oil
- 60g couscous
- 100ml boiling water
- 10g toasted pine nuts
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- ¼ lime juice
- Freshly chopped coriander
- Pre-heat the oven to 200C/Gas Mark 6.
- Heat the oil in a heavy based pan, add the chilli, cinnamon and ginger and cook for 1 minute. Reduce the heat to low, add the brown sugar and cook for a further 30 seconds.
- Add the pineapple juice and mango chutney, bring to the boil then reduce to a simmer for 15 minutes or until thickened.
- Place the Quorn Pieces into a baking dish and pour over the sauce.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. Remove from the oven and keep warm.
- On a baking tray, spread out the butternut squash, capsicum and tomatoes. Drizzle with oil and bake for 25-30 minutes until golden and tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large pan, bring the water to the boil. Add in the couscous, remove from the heat and cover. Leave for 10 minutes.
- Stir the vegetables through the fluffy couscous and drizzle with olive oil and fresh lime juice.
- Place the pieces on top of the salad. Sprinkle with toasted pine nuts, coriander and spring onions and serve hot or cold.
Related RecipesView more