Warm & Spicy Couscous Salad with Quorn Vegetarian Pieces
Quorn Pieces in a sweet and spicy sauce served on a bed of fluffy couscous mixed with roasted butternut squash, peppers & plum tomatoes. Topped with toasted pine nuts, spring onions & coriander.
11.1 g of fat
- 150g Quorn Pieces
- ½ tbsp vegetable oil
- ¼ tsp hot chilli powder
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 40ml pineapple juice
- 1 tsp mango chutney
- ¼ butternut squash, diced 3cm x 3cm
- ½ Red or yellow capsicum, de-seeded and sliced
- 80g cherry tomatoes
- ½ tsp olive oil
- 60g couscous
- 100ml boiling water
- 10g toasted pine nuts
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- ¼ lime juice
- Freshly chopped coriander
- Pre-heat the oven to 200C/Gas Mark 6.
- Heat the oil in a heavy based pan, add the chilli, cinnamon and ginger and cook for 1 minute. Reduce the heat to low, add the brown sugar and cook for a further 30 seconds.
- Add the pineapple juice and mango chutney, bring to the boil then reduce to a simmer for 15 minutes or until thickened.
- Place the Quorn Pieces into a baking dish and pour over the sauce.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. Remove from the oven and keep warm.
- On a baking tray, spread out the butternut squash, capsicum and tomatoes. Drizzle with oil and bake for 25-30 minutes until golden and tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large pan, bring the water to the boil. Add in the couscous, remove from the heat and cover. Leave for 10 minutes.
- Stir the vegetables through the fluffy couscous and drizzle with olive oil and fresh lime juice.
- Place the pieces on top of the salad. Sprinkle with toasted pine nuts, coriander and spring onions and serve hot or cold.
Recipe inspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.Leave a review