- 300g Quorn Pieces
- 400g vine tomatoes + extra to serve
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 8 large free-range eggs
- 250ml cream
- 7 tsp nutritional yeast
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- salt and pepper
- 3 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 180g mozzarella, torn
- handful basil leaves
- For the frittata, pre heat the oven to 200°C. Place the tomatoes on a baking tray, drizzle with 1 Tbsp of olive oil and roast, 10 minutes. Turn the oven’s heat down to 170°C.
- Heat 1 Tbsp of olive oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add the Quorn Pieces and fry, 8 minutes.
- Combine the eggs, ½ the cream, 1 Tbsp nutritional yeast and garlic and whisk until smooth. Season lightly with salt and pepper. Grease an 18cm ovenproof pan or dish with non-stick cooking spray. Pour in the egg mixture, sprinkle all the tomatoes and half of the cooked Quorn pieces over the egg mixture and bake until golden and firm, 15-20 minutes.
- For the balsamic cream sauce, combine the remaining cream and nutritional yeast with the balsamic vinegar in a small saucepan. Heat the mixture over medium heat and cook, 3 minutes.
- Spoon the remaining Quorn Pieces over the frittata. Add a few chopped vine tomatoes. Scatter the mozzarella and basil leaves on top. Serve the frittata in wedges drizzled with the warm balsamic cream sauce and some toasted bread on the side.
TIP: Mozzarella can easily be replaced with other cheese alternatives such as fior di latte, bocconcini or crumbled ricotta, if preferred.
Recipe InspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.