Quorn Meat Free Hoisin Mince in Lettuce Cups
All the flavours of Asia brought to you in this delicious fusion of Quorn Mince, marinated in a glaze of hoisin sauce, soy and sherry. Fried up with spring onions, water chestnuts, beansprouts, and a blast of chilli, it’s all served in a finger-pleasing crunchy lettuce cup with snow peas. A healthy meal idea that’s unforgettable!
- 1/3 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons salt reduced soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice wine or dry sherry
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped red chilli
- 300g Quorn Mince
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 4 spring onions, chopped
- ¼ cup water chestnuts, chopped
- ¼ cup water
- Vermicelli noodles, cooked
- Lettuce leaves
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 10 snow peas, sliced
- Combine hoisin sauce, soy, rice wine and chilli in a bowl. Add chilled Quorn Mince, stir well to coat in sauce and set aside.
- Heat oil in a wok, cook spring onion for 1 minute.
- Add Quorn Mince mixture, stir fry for 5 minutes. Add water chestnuts and water; cook for 1 minute to soften vegetables.
- To assemble place lettuce leaves on serving platters, place some noodles in the base of lettuce and top with hoisin mince, garnish with bean sprouts, snow peas.
Recipe InspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
I've made this several times and I would now give it a 5 star rating!. Initially when I first made it it wasn't very tasty but I now make it like a samoan chop suey and it is yummy! I now add the noodles to the hoisin mince after cooking the noodles and meat as per the recipe and add extra hoisin sauce and soya sauce. My partner loves it!!
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.