Quorn Meat Free Cottage Pie
There's nothing more comforting than coming home to a big helping of home-cooked cottage pie. Our take on this recipe is deliciously filling, but it's low in calories and saturated fat!
Made with Quorn Mince
Low in Fat
Good Source of protein
Good source of fibre
- 700g potatoes, peeled and roughly chopped
- 225g parsnip, peeled and chopped (optional)
- 2 tablespoons skim milk
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 300g packet frozen Quorn Mince
- 100g frozen peas or mixed vegetables
- 400ml salt reduced vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoon vegetarian Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon no added salt tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons reduced salt soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon corn flour mixed to paste with 1 tablespoon cold water
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C.
- Boil the potatoes and parsnip until tender. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile heat the oil in a large pan, add the onion and fry gently until the onions are soft.
- Add the frozen or chilled Quorn Mince, frozen vegetables, vegetable stock, Worcestershire sauce, tomato paste, soy sauce and season to taste. Simmer ingredients together for 5 minutes. Add the corn flour paste and simmer gently until the sauce thickens then place in an ovenproof dish.
- Mash the potatoes and parsnip with the milk until smooth, season to taste. Place the topping over the Quorn filling and fluff up with a fork.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the topping is golden and crisp.
Recipe InspirationSee all recipes
RecipesQuorn Meat Free Cottage Pie
RecipesThai Green Coconut Curry with Quorn Meat Free Pieces
RecipesEasy Firecracker Flatbread Pizza
25g of fat
RecipesSimple Thai Noodle Soup with Quorn Pieces
RecipesCourgette & Quorn Mince Lasagne
RecipesHomemade Gluten Free Pizza with Quorn Meat Free Pieces
RecipesWarm & Spicy Couscous Salad with Quorn Vegetarian Pieces
RecipesQuorn Pieces Szechuan Stir Fry
The nation has spoken
3 out of 5 stars
5 out of 5 stars
I love cottage pie made with Quorn. Add some red wine and some grated cheese to the potato mash to make it even better!