Zombie Eyes Spaghetti with Quorn Mince
This spooky spaghetti Bolognese recipe is packed with protein... and zombie eyes! Quorn Mince makes this dish nutritious and filling, perfect for a cold Halloween night. Give your guests goosebumps at the sight of this monster-eyed pasta dish.
- 300g Quorn Mince
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, very finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 10 olives
- 400ml tomato passata
- 1 vegetable stock cube, dissolved in 150ml hot water
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 tbsp pea puree (or pesto)
- Fresh basil leaves
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 400g spaghetti
- Mini mozzarella balls
- 1 red capsicum
- Pre heat the oil over a medium/high heat, add the onion and cook for 2-3 minutes stirring often. Add the garlic, cover and cook over a medium/high heat stirring frequently for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the Quorn Mince, passata, vegetable stock, tomato puree and basil. Stir well, cover and cook for 8-10 minutes
- Meanwhile, cook the spaghetti according to the instructions on the pack.
- For the zombie eyes, place chopped olives & pea puree on mozzarella balls and add finely chopped capsicum on top.
- To assemble, pour the bolognese sauce and the spaghetti, season to taste and place the eyes on top.
Recipe InspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.