Made with Quorn Mince
Low in Fat
Good Source of protein
Good source of fibre
For the gnocchi:
- 400g white potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 250g tofu
- 200g plain flour
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp salt
- 50g rocket, chopped
For the ragu:
300g Quorn Mince
A drizzle of olive oil
1 red onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, crushed
100g tomato puree
60ml red wine (vegetable stock can be used as alternative)
400g tin chopped tomatoes
250ml vegetable stock
1 cinnamon stick
salt and pepper
Rocket leaves to garnish
- Place the potatoes into a saucepan of cold water, bring to the boil. Boil for 15 minutes or until tender. Drain and mash.
- Place the mashed potato into a mixing bowl, add the remaining gnocchi ingredients and mix well to form a sticky dough.
- Tip the dough onto a well-floured work surface and divide into 4. Roll a piece into a sausage shape approximately 60cm long (dust your hands with flour if the dough is getting too sticky to work with). Cut into pieces at 3cm intervals. Repeat to use all of the dough.
- Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil. Add the gnocchi in batches and cook for approximately 3 minutes or until the gnocchi rises to the surface. Remove using a slotted spoon and set to one side.
- To make the Ragu, heat a drizzle of olive oil in a sauté pan. Sauté the onion for 3 minutes over a medium heat.
- Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the tomato puree, red wine and Quorn Mince, cook for 1 minute.
- Add the tinned tomatoes, vegetable stock and cinnamon stick. Bring to the boil, reduce to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes. Season to taste and set to one side.
- To serve, heat a drizzle of oil in a non-stick frying pan. Fry the gnocchi over a high heat in batches to brown the gnocchi on all sides and spoon into warmed serving dishes.
- Spoon over the Quorn Mince Ragu, scatter with a handful of rocket leaves and season with black pepper.
The rocket can be swapped for basil or spinach for a change.