- 150g of Quorn Mince
- For the dough:
- 300g strong bread flour
- 5g instant yeast
- 1tsp salt
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 1/2tbsp vegetarian Worcestershire sauce, or soy sauce
- 1tsp oregano
- 3tbsp tomato puree
- 1 ball vegetarian mozzarella, torn
- 10g grated vegetarian Emmental cheese
- Preheat oven to 240’C. To make the dough, put the flour into a large bowl then stir in the yeast and salt. Make a well, pour in 200ml warm water and 1tbsp olive oil and bring together with a wooden spoon until you have a soft, fairly wet dough. Turn onto a lightly floured surface and knead for 5 mins until smooth. Cover with a clean tea towel and set aside to rise somewhere warm for 40-60 minutes, until doubled in size.
- Meanwhile, add the oil to a medium frying pan, followed by the Quorn Mince. Fry for 2 minutes, before adding 1 tbsp tomato puree, vegetarian Worcestershire sauce or soy sauce, and oregano. Stir, then remove from the heat.
- Remove the dough from the bowl and knead briefly to remove excess air. Roll out the dough to 1cm thick (approximately 10 x 8inches). Spread with the remaining tomato puree. Sprinkle the mince mixture on top, and lightly push down so it starts to sink into the dough. Top with the mozzarella and Emmental. Roll into a sausage, then slice into 2cm pin-wheels. Place on a baking tray and leave to sit for 10 minutes, for the dough to rise again.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then cover and continue to bake for 2-4 minutes, until the dough is golden.
Recipe InspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.