Vegetarian Burgers with Cheese
Looking for indulgent recipe inspiration for dinner tonight? This Quorn Mince Burger with cheese makes a tasty treat - add fresh rosemary and onions for extra flavour.
A Little Effort
- 175g frozen Quorn Mince, defrosted
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 2 slices wholemeal bread, made into crumbs
- 40g reduced fat cheddar cheese, grated
- 75g low fat cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon marmite, dissolved in 1 tablespoon boiling water
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 medium egg, beaten
- Canola oil, extra
- Heat oil in a frying pan over medium heat, add the onion and rosemary and cook gently for 5 minutes or until the onion is softened, but not browned.
- In a large mixing bowl, place defrosted Quorn Mince, breadcrumbs, grated cheese, cream cheese, cooked onion and rosemary. Mix well to distribute cream cheese throughout the mixture.
- Add the marmite, parsley, beaten egg and season with salt and pepper. Mix well to combine.
- Shape mixture into burgers (makes approximately 8 burgers). TIP: Use a one third measuring cup to form burgers – easy to measure and even sized.
Recipe inspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
Love these recipes the best meat free you can buy
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.Leave a review