- 300g basmati rice
- 300g Quorn Mince
- 2 bok choy
- 4 spring onions
- 1 lime, the juice
- 15 g cilantro
- 15 g parsley
- 15 g of mint
- 2 cloves of garlic, pressed
- 5 cm ginger, grated and cut into thin strips
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp honey
- 2 tsp Chinese 5 spice herbs
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- sunflower oil
- pepper and salt
- Prepare the basmati rice according to the instructions on the package.
- Cut the bok choy into strips and remove the stems from the herbs. Chop the spring onion and keep a third aside for garnish.
- Heat sunflower oil in a frying pan and add the Quorn mince together with the garlic and ginger to the pan and stir fry over high heat for 2 minutes.
- Add the lime juice, soy sauce, honey, Chinese 5 spice herbs and sesame oil to the pan and stir well to allow the Quorn Mince to absorb the flavor of the herbs. Also add the bok choy and spring onion to the pan and stir fry 5 minutes more. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve the crispy Quorn Mince together with the basmati rice and the fresh herbs and garnish with the spring onion.
Recipe inspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
Made this recipe without some of the ingredients (herbs and honey as didn't have them to hand...) But still turned out delicious and I'd definitely make again!! I added more soy, chilli flakes and some additional green veg I had in the fridge. My only reason for not giving 5 star is I wish the quorn mince had a chewier texture.
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.Leave a review